Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, August 26, 2004-in my house
My daughter is 9 months old and she has Down syndrome. That may mean different things to different people but to us, it has come to mean strangers in our house coming to evaluate her. This is what I mean: First person, a nurse from Help me Grow came to “evaluate “ her. She said it was because I was breast-feeding, I know it was not because I am a young first time mom. 2nd- Help me grow service coordinator 3rd Board of MR/DD person 4th Family relations person from County 5th Public Health Nurse for BCMH 6th County EI specialist 7th FCLC EI specialist 8th FCLC grad student 9th mom from so called ds group 10th nurse from oxygen company to check on home o use 11th nurse to evaluate condition after hospital visit 12 nurse from children’s home care to evaluate for home therapy 13th home ot evaluation 14th home pt evaluation 15th new County EI (got rid of one cause thought too many people involved but was told to get services from county needed one so got another) 16th Board ot evaluation 17th Board pt evaluation 18th Board speech evolutions 19th Board nurse to evaluations for Calico 20th Board Director of Calico to evaluate for Calico (Calico is a special needs daycare and preschool ran by the county. There is no room for our little Elise, so the evaluation was a waste!) btw-Elise is doing fine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment