
Today I read a book. It is not often that I read fiction. I need to do this more often.
Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi. The original..before Disney. Pinocchio wants to be free and not to work or to go to school. By seeking this path, he finds himself in dire straits. In the story, Pinocchio is selfish and self absorbed. He knows that he should be a good boy and go to school to conform to expectations of his father but he doesn’t. But, this story I think, is about more than conforming and being a good boy, it is about the universal struggle we all have growing up. It is about being human. In the end, Pinocchio does turns into a real boy but not by merely conforming and going back to school but by showing his kind heart.
Click here to learn more about Pinocchio Park in Tuscany, Italy. This park is dedicated to Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio.
http://www.pinocchio.it/eng/pinocchio/
Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi. The original..before Disney. Pinocchio wants to be free and not to work or to go to school. By seeking this path, he finds himself in dire straits. In the story, Pinocchio is selfish and self absorbed. He knows that he should be a good boy and go to school to conform to expectations of his father but he doesn’t. But, this story I think, is about more than conforming and being a good boy, it is about the universal struggle we all have growing up. It is about being human. In the end, Pinocchio does turns into a real boy but not by merely conforming and going back to school but by showing his kind heart.
Click here to learn more about Pinocchio Park in Tuscany, Italy. This park is dedicated to Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio.
http://www.pinocchio.it/eng/pinocchio/
No comments:
Post a Comment